Blog Software Update
Well, I finally got around to updating my blog software to something a little more modern that .text .9. I’ve been playing around a bit with BlogEngine.NET, and version 1.2 was just released, so I finally moved my production blog to this blog engine. I also changed hosting providers because while GoDaddy is the hometown incumbent…they are just too restrictive, so I dumped them.
I also did some customizations to the Indigo theme that ships with BlogEngine. It was a good start, but there were some things that I didn’t like, so I changed them. I wanted to get my hands dirty a bit with theme-ing and get under the covers of the software a bit, so it made sense. I moved quite a bit around, added a top level nav system, and changed the way the admin links work (when your logged in as an admin) to make it all a bit cleaner. I will likely eventually adapt a theme that I like better, but this should do for now. If anyone wants my updated theme, I’d be glad to share it…just let me know via the contact page.
So far I’m very impressed with the software. It is fairly flexible, easily customized, and pretty feature rich. The tag cloud is something that I didn’t have with my last engine, and I like it quite a bit. It even supports BlogML updates now, and in fact I used this feature to migrate my data (with a little tweaking).